Wessex Electricals are a family run company based in Dorset, with over 60 years’ experience in the industry. Due to our continued expansion, we are seeking an Electrical Contracts Manager to join our Reactive and Small Works Division at our head office in Shaftesbury. This will be a permanent position for someone with Electrical Contracts Management experience in an electrical contracting environment and will be typically looking after contracts worth £25k – £250k.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure that the P&L (Profit & Loss) of assigned contracts is delivered in line with budget/target expectations or as reflected in key performance indicators.
- To manage and motivate employees and associated staff to ensure that all contracts are delivered to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- To develop and establish customer relationships with key clients and their representatives and liaise effectively through both formal and informal meetings.
- To ensure that all matters relating to health & safety are addressed, including ensuring all works are undertaken in a safe manner, and in compliance with all current legislation and regulations.
- To ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared and issued as required.
- To be responsible for management, motivation, performance, training and support of staff.
- To ensure that contracts, works orders and variations are processed in accordance with the company’s management procedures.
- To ensure that any company asset, and resources such as hired plant are used in the most effective and economical manner.
- To ensure that adequate protection is provided for all company assets that fall within the posts area of responsibility.
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive, and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Demonstrable leadership and organisational skills with on-site experience of electrical contracting.
- Knowledge of health & safety, CDM regulations.
- Conversant with risk assessment techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of building construction, including building regulations and guidance notes.
- Drive and ability to work under pressure to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Good administrative and time management skills.
- Good level of IT skills to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possession of a full driving licence and be willing to travel to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Electrical Qualification such as NVQ Level 3 and AM2 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of 18th edition Wiring Regulations.
- SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme).
- Previous experience of managing reactive and small to medium contracts for both domestic and commercial clients.
- £47,000 – £53,000pa dependent on experience
- Company car or car allowance
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.
Wessex Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as people living with disabilities and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.