Wessex Property Care is based in Dorset and part of the Wessex Group of companies who have been in business for over 57 years. We are seeking an experienced Carpenter / Multi-Trade operative on a permanent basis to work on a repairs and maintenance contract as well as some project works
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
This roles requires a customer focussed, self-motivated individual with a broad range of experience. Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be tasked with a variety of repairs; maintenance and installation works, including but not limited to:
- Carpentry –1st and 2nd fix carpentry; kitchen fitting, internal/external doors, partitioning, flooring
- Basic plastering, tiling and painting
- Complete all jobs within the relevant time scales (including participation in our on call rota when required).
- To use all equipment and materials in a safe manner, complying with Health and Safety requirements and code of conduct (including appropriate PPE).
- Floor & Wall Tiling –Thermoplastic floor tiles; quarry tiles, and installation of wall tiles/grouting.
- General repairs
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Experience in the trade or NVQ
- Knowledge of Tiling, Basic Plumbing, Painting & Decorating
- Flexible working hours/ Travel
- IT knowledge to be able to use a hand held device
- Valid UK driving licence
- Previous experience of working within the Social Housing sector
- £27,000 – £30,000 p/a depending on experience
- 24 days holiday (pro-rata) plus Bank Holidays
- Company Van
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Auto-enrolment pension
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.