An organised an experienced Service Engineer to cover the designated areas within the region of the south and south west. The role of a Service Engineer will involve responding to reactive day to day call outs, minor install works and repairs, service and maintain across a variety of systems and environments. Have the confidence and ability to work efficiently on their own and as part of a team when required. Liaise with Supervisors, Co-ordinators and Service Manager to promote and maintain the company’s high standards and efficiencies. Strong industry knowledge of Fire systems, VSS systems, Intruder alarms, door access and communicators.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Maintain, repair and service Security, Access, VSS Systems and Fire alarms in line with current industry standards ensuring PPM targets are achieved across our customer base.
- Respond to day to day reactive service calls on all types of security systems in line with industry standards and record all data in electronic format creating service reports.
- Conduct your planned day in the most effective manner servicing our client base and completing calls in an effective process.
- Communicate and feedback with our customers on all systems to ensure a comprehensive understanding of service works completed and system operations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work as part of a team when required.
- Be responsible for the management, maintenance and security of all company and personal equipment and stock.
- Ensure to replenish stock levels in an efficient, timely and economical manner by reviewing work activities and ordering items in a timely manner.
- Attend in house and external training courses when required.
- Take part in the company out of hours call out rota.
- Strong Technical background in the Electrical and/or Fire/Security industry with IP CCTV knowledge advantageous.
- Good all round knowledge of Systems including Gent, Advance, Kentec, Morley, Texecom, Galaxy, Paxton and Hikvision however training can be given.
- A can do attitude and the ability to promote the company’s core values.
- Strong organisational ability and processes to complete day to day tasks.
- Approachable, professional and present the company image at all times.
- Ability to deliver and maintain exceptional customer service across our client base.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pay depending on qualifications and experience
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- 24 days Holiday Plus bank holidays
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.
Health & Safety:
You are required to comply with the Company’s Health & Safety rules which are set out in the Staff Handbook and in current legislation which requires all employees to be responsible for their own Health & Safety as well as fellow workers. The Company places paramount importance on the health, safety and welfare of all its employees.
If you are involved in any accident, however minor, you must report this to the designated Health & Safety Officer as soon as possible thereafter and ensure that the Accident Book is completed.