Wessex Group are a family run company based in Dorset, with over 30 years’ experience in the Fire & Security and Electrical industry in domestic and commercial settings. We are looking for a Senior IT Systems administrator to join our IT team.
Based at our head office in Shaftesbury and reporting to the Head of ICT you will help deliver the IT strategy required by our businesses, ensuring secure and efficient IT Systems. The nature of this role requires a focussed individual with a high attention to detail, good level of autonomy and the ability to multi task.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- Domain \ Systems Administration.
- Virtual Environment Administration.
- Monitoring of systems, proactively preventing downtime
- Physical network\storage infrastructure configuration and maintenance
- Escalated end user support
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive, and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Previous IT systems administration experience.
- Experience working\administrating Virtual Environments.
- Clear understanding of networking and security technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively to meet targets.
- High level of accuracy and tenacity.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Customer Focused.
- Circa £32k subject to qualifications and experience
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- 24 days Holiday
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.
Or for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01747 858039 (No agencies please).
Due to a high volume of responses we may be unable to feedback to all applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.