Website Wessex Fire & Security Ltd
We are seeking an experienced and practicing engineer to join our Fire & Security Service team.
We are the service provider of choice to many of the region’s leading businesses, sites and attractions as well as having a substantial private residential portfolio, looking after the homes of customers across six counties. With a strong pipeline of business, we are recruiting a talented engineer who is looking to further their career in a progressive company, within a thriving team.
Working on both commercial and domestic sites, carrying out a full range of service tasks, the role will cover the counties of Hampshire, Dorset and South Wiltshire. Our head office is based in Shaftesbury and engineers will be expected to make routine visits throughout the year.
The engineer will become an integral part of the service team as well as our renowned training academies with GENT, CSL and Texecom/Hikvision. Wessex also provide regular training programmes in line with industry standards as well as health and safety best practice.
If you are an experienced, time served engineer or new to the industry but keen to learn and progress, then Wessex wants to hear from you.
Wessex Fire & Security are a family run company based in Dorset, with nearly 40 years’ experience in the Fire & Security business both in domestic and commercial settings. We pride ourselves on providing a good work/life balance to employees and have a strong focus on staff wellbeing.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out service and maintenance works across a wide range of fire & security systems in line with current industry standards and client requirements
- Comply with all H&S legislation, industry standards and all company policies.
- Work closely with the scheduling and coordination teams ensuring your time is managed efficiently and jobs are completed correctly with stock levels accurately managed.
- Correctly complete Engineer service reports, certificates and job details as appropriate.
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive, and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Some technical knowledge on products / systems with an interest to develop knowledge in Fire & Security systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office & basic IT skills
- Good communication, calculation & literacy skills
- Good time management, ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- A team player with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills with a high level of customer service
- CSCS Card
- Knowledge of health & safety and CDM regulations including risk assessment
- Industry experience in full or part capacity desired with thorough training offered through our in-house teams and industry academies to help applicants reach required levels.
- Competent with IT equipment and packages to help complete electronic reports on tablets and laptops as required.
- Knowledge of service and installation regulations and practices.
- Up to £35,000 p.a. dependent on experience
- Company Vehicle with private use available
- Door to door travel payments
- Out of hours call out rota with excellent rates and retainer payment
- Company Phone, Tablet, Laptop & workwear
- Supply of essential test kit and plant
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (opportunity to purchase additional holiday through salary sacrifice)
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions