Website Wessex Fire & Security Ltd
Wessex Fire & Security are a family run company based in Dorset, with nearly 40 years experience in the Fire & Security business both in domestic and commercial settings. We are seeking an experienced Fire & Security engineer to join our team. Due to our continued expansion we have an exciting opportunity based in and around the Hampshire, Dorset and Wiltshire area.
An organised and experienced Service Engineer to cover the designated areas within the region of the south and south west. The role of a Service Engineer will involve responding to reactive day to day call outs, minor install works and repairs, service and maintain across a variety of systems and environments. Have the confidence and ability to work efficiently on their own and as part of a team when required. Liaise with Supervisors, Co-ordinators and Service Manager to promote and maintain the company’s high standards and efficiencies.
- Maintain, repair and service a range of systems in line with current industry standards ensuring PPM targets are achieved across our customer base. Systems to include Fire & Intruder alarms, CCTV, Networks, Communicators, Door access control and remote apps and signalling.
- Respond to day to day reactive service calls on all types of systems in line with industry standards and record all data in electronic format creating service reports while keeping service delivery manager and service co-ordination team notified of activities and daily progress where required.
- Conduct minor install works and repairs in a safe and correct manner ensuring all works are compliant, correct and meet industry and customer satisfaction while maintaining constant communication levels with service delivery manager and service co-ordination team where required.
- Conduct your planned day in the most cost effective and efficient manner servicing our client base and completing calls in an effective process.
- Communicate and feedback with our customers on all systems to ensure a comprehensive understanding of service works completed and system operations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work as part of a team when required.
- Be responsible for the management, maintenance and security of all company and personal equipment and stock.
- Ensure to replenish stock levels in an efficient, timely and economical manner by reviewing work activities and ordering items in a timely manner to keep work tasks constantly active and effective.
- Attend in house and external training courses when required.
- Take part in the company out of hours call out rota.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Strong knowledge on Fire and Security products and systems in order to deliver excellence across a range of high level clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office & basic IT skills
- Good communication, calculation & literacy skills
- Good time management, ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- A team player with a willingness to learn and lead where required
- Good communication skills with a high level of customer service
- CSCS/ECS Card
- Knowledge of health & safety and CDM regulations including risk assessment
- Industry experience in full capacity desired with thorough training offered through our in-house teams and industry academies to help applicants continually advance and expand their knowledge to deliver best service on complex sites
- Competent with IT equipment and software packages to help complete electronic reports on tablets and laptops as required.
- Knowledge of service and installation regulations and practices.
- Ranging £30k – £37k basic p.a. dependent on experience and skills/qualifications
- Company Vehicle with private use available
- Door to door travel payments on top of basic salary
- Overtime available
- Out of hours call out rota with excellent rates at 1.75 your salary for all calls and high retainer payment
- Company Phone, Tablet, Laptop & workwear
- Supply of essential test kit and plant
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (opportunity to purchase additional holiday through salary sacrifice)
- BUPA Medical Insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.