Wessex Fire & Security are a family run company based in Dorset, with nearly 40 years’ experience in the Fire & Security business both in domestic and commercial settings. We are seeking an experienced Engineer to join our team. Due to our continued expansion, we have an exciting opportunity based predominantly in and around the Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset and Wiltshire areas.
We are seeking a Fire Alarm Projects Engineer to work on both commercial and domestic sites, carrying out Large Projects installations and commissioning on a wide range of Life safety systems including Fire detection, Aspirating, Disabled refuge and PAVA.
The post holder will become an essential part of the projects team assisting all parties throughout the business and offering excellent customer service whilst receiving access to our renowned training academies with GENT, Honeywell, Drax.
There are great opportunities to build and strengthen your industry knowledge along with opportunities for career progression.
If you are an experienced time served engineer or new to the industry but keen to learn and progress, then Wessex wants to hear from you.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- To carry out installation and commissioning works across a wide range of systems, working safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, and the loss of unused materials.
- Provide excellent service to exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customers.
- Comply with all H&S legislation including all company policies.
- Work closely with the planning team, ensuring your time is managed efficiently and jobs are completed correctly.
- Correctly complete Engineer work reports, handover certificates and job pack as appropriate.
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive, and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Uk Driving licence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge on GENT products
- SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme)
- Knowledge of health & safety, CDM regulations
- Industry experience in full or part capacity desired with thorough training offered through our in-house teams and industry academies to help applicants reach required levels
- Competent with IT equipment and packages to help complete electronic reports on tablets and laptops as required
- Knowledge of NSI installation regulations and practices
- Pay £16.34 – £17.95 dependent on experience
- Door to door travel
- Company Vehicle + private use
- Company Uniform
- Company Phone, Tablet, Laptop
- Supply of essential test kit and plant
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (opportunity to purchase additional holiday through salary sacrifice)
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions