Job title: Electrical Estimator
Responsible to: Projects Operations Manager
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – Fulltime
Wessex Electricals are a family run company based in North Dorset, with over 60 years’ experience in the Electrical and Property Care industry. Due to continual growth, we are looking for an Electrical Estimator to join our Projects Team here in Shaftesbury.
We work in all sectors of the electrical industry serving many clients in the surrounding counties and for some, nationwide. We pride ourselves in a full service from conception into design, and execution of our works. Please take a look at our website: wessexgroup.co.uk
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Producing tenders, which includes sending out the enquiries for sub-contractors and materials
- Taking off quantities from drawings and inputting the information to the estimation software
- Communication with clients, site representatives, construction professionals, obtaining the information from the specification to ensure the estimate is in-line with the tender requirements.
- Completion of the tender documentation and agreeing final bid/submission with Operations Manager
- Attending regular tender review meetings and attending interviews for pre-order meetings.
- When quotations are successful, produce schedule of rates and then attend pre-order meetings with the Contract Managers and Operations Manager
- Maintain a robust estimation software and database.
- Responsibility to assess bid due dates and workload, ensuring delivery of tenders on time.
- Site visits for meetings with clients and to assess works to be estimated.
- Knowledge of building construction, including building regulations and guidance notes.
- Drive and ability to work under pressure to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Good administrative and time management skills
- Good level of IT skill to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible and positive approach
This list of responsibilities and duties is not exhaustive and the Company will expect you to perform other duties relevant to the job title.
- Salary £45,000 – £50,000 p/a DOE
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
All subject to qualifying periods of employment and Conditions of Contract.
Wessex Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as people living with disabilities and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.