Client: National Trust
Location: Various sites in South West
Description of Work: Various Installation and Maintenance works
Duration: Working with client for 20+ years
Wessex Fire and Security look after the fire and intruder systems within many heritage sites across the South of England and have established a very high level of expertise in the installation and maintenance of fire and security systems in sensitive heritage sites. We are adept at minimising the aesthetic impact of modern detection provisions through their thoughtful deployment and installation. We regularly work with specialist architects, consultants and agencies in this area and take great pride in the part we play in safeguarding the region’s heritage.
Fire alarm equipment incorporating aspirating detection systems have been widely used on many National Trust sites. This method of detections provides an effective means of detecting a fire event at an incipient stage. The associated air sampling pipework can be practically hidden from view in many applications.
We have worked with the National Trust on numerous sites and below is a cross-section of some of the works that we have completed:
• The Vyne, Basingstoke – Replaced obsolete intruder alarm system.
• Mompesson House, Salisbury – Installed a complete CCTV system covering house and grounds.
• Kingston Lacy, Wimborne Minster – Installed fire, intruder, access control and personal attack systems. Added a site wide CCTV system.
• Filcombe Farmhouse – Installed new fire alarm, intruder and access control systems to what is now used as a local area office with accommodation for the National Trust wardens working along the Jurassic coast.
• Stourhead, Mere – Installed a replacement intruder alarm system on the estate. Also installed fire alarm system.
• Lacock Abbey, Lacock – Installed fire and intruder alarm systems to the ‘Harry Potter’ building including the Fox Talbot Museum.
We have also carried out works at the Museum of London and at Max Gate in Dorchester, further details can be found in our Case Study section.